Careers at Net Affinity
Benefits and social life!
Our people are really important to us. That’s why we strive to provide a happy and healthy working environment that enables everyone to do their best, develop themselves and enjoy their lives at work.
Remote working & flexible hours
We know how important it is to be able to balance your personal life with work, so we have flexible hours in place and also offer everyone two days of remote working per month.
On Fridays we finish up a little early to help you get the weekend started!
We want you to celebrate your own birthday and your work birthday, so for each of them, we give everyone a half day’s leave.
Being a parent is challenging and rewarding – to help you take on the challenge and enjoy the rewards, we’ll give you an additional 5 days annual leave to spend with your new bundle of joy. We'll also treat you to €500 worth of vouchers to help buy all those baby essentials.
We want you to enjoy every moment of this special time with your loved ones. So to help you prepare for your special day, we’ll give you an additional 3 days annual leave.
We love loyalty. That's why for every year you’re with us, we reward you with additional annual leave days.
Snacks and treats help to keep your brain working and your body happy, so we have fresh fruit, juice, gourmet coffee, organic herbal teas and bread available throughout the week.
The last Friday of the month is for pizza, beers, tunes and pool. You deserve to unwind and indulge!
Our ‘Fun Team’ are in charge of organising regular activities for us all to do together! Whether it’s after work food, drinks or team building adventures, our calendar always includes a good dose of fun.
Our Christmas and summer parties are practically famous at this stage. Usually themed, held somewhere we’ve never been before and an excuse to party the night away!
Giving back is important to us as individuals and as a company. Every month, we have a charity breakfast where we pick a different cause that’s close to our hearts, have a delicious communal brekkie and donate generously. Smiles all round!
We’re committed to always helping our people with their professional growth and development. This means regular training, opportunities to upskill and performance reviews – we know career growth is essential to a positive, encouraging work environment.
We work with each person on analysing their own personal training needs, and we encourage a mixture of programmes including cross-departmental, learning and refresher courses. We use an exciting variety of resources for individual and team upskilling, and we regularly attend external training sessions from global thought leaders like of Google and Hubspot!
Set your goals – we’ll help you do the rest.
Application Support Engineer
Net Affinity are looking for an Application Support Engineer to join our team of software engineers to work on a range of web-based products.
You should have in-depth knowledge of IT systems, high-level communication skills, and the ability to troubleshoot and debug web applications.
This is a fully flexible role with the option to work remotely and/or from our headquarters in Dublin. Remote applicants should be located within UCT +/-2hrs timezone.
What you’ll be doing
- Providing internal and external (L2) support for all Net Affinity Products.
- Investigating, diagnosing and resolving application related issues.
- Owning assigned tickets within the support queue and facilitating a swift resolution within defined SLA limits.
- Working closely with internal teams to inform of progress, request information and manage expectations.
- Escalating any issues to software engineers as required.
- Recording and managing best practice resolutions for Net Affinity’s self-service knowledge base.
- Contacting 3rd party partners in order to troubleshoot connectivity issues.
Requirements and Qualifications
- At least 1+ years' experience in a technical support role, with the ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex technical issues.
- Strong SQL knowledge and the ability to write basic SQL queries to troubleshoot and correct data issues.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing with internal teams.
- Business level English.
- Relevant IT/Technical degree
- Basic knowledge of command line Linux environment
- Knowledge of PHP/Perl
- Experience working with Scrum or other agile methodologies
- Knowledge of Atlassian tools like Jira and Confluence
About Net Affinity
Net Affinity is an international award-winning Technology, Design and Marketing Company who works exclusively with hotels to drive more direct business at a lower cost of acquisition with proven online strategies. We pride ourselves on the development of a relationship that allows us to nurture your business and ensure our success is your success.
- Work from home opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- Company events & social hours